The Diploma in Managing Data Protection Compliance is a data protection training course that has been developed with practitioners in mind. The course covers key aspects of the GDPR and other important and related data protection legislation, and focuses on practical implementation. As well as developing an understanding the important parts of relevant legislation, the course covers information governance and managing risk, both vital for compliance.
This course is suitable for those responsible for managing data protection compliance within their organisations, including those who are nominated as Data Protection Officers. This is an intensive course and those attending would benefit from having a basic knowledge in the requirements of data protection legislation.
This course is delivered over 5 days which is followed by a separate assessment.
The course addresses requirements of the GDPR as well as relevant UK data protection law. It covers:
- The development of data protection law
- Key definitions
- Data protection principles including the lawfulness of processing covering consent and privacy notices
- Rights of the data subject
- Responsibilities of controllers
- The data protection officer
- Data protection by design and by default
- Information security
- Breach reporting
- Responsibilities of processors
- Transfers to third countries and international organisations
- The role of the Information Commissioner
- Data sharing
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations
- Employment code of practice
- Surveillance cameras and other codes of practice
- Managing risk
- Data protection impact assessments in practice
- Information governance
There are two assessments. The first is a 2 hour exam usually run two to four weeks after the course and the second is a work-based project.
We run this course in locations throughout the UK. We will always arrange additional courses if there is sufficient demand – please contact us to register an interest. If you have 3 or more staff requiring training, it may be more cost effective to arrange in house training. Please contact us for details.
Successful attendees will receive a qualification certificate for the Diploma in Managing Data Protection Compliance. A UK awarding body will approve and quality assure this qualification (approval process scheduled for completion in Jan 18).
Other Training Courses and Qualifications
We also offer a Certificate in Data Protection Compliance, which is a 1 day training course. This is ideal for those requiring a basic understanding of data protection legislation.