The Certificate in Data Protection Compliance offers a foundation level of data protection compliance training, providing an overview of the GDPR and other important and related UK data protection legislation.
This course is ideal for anyone requiring an overview of data protection legislation including the GDPR.
This course is 1 day.
The course provides an overview of:
- The development of data protection law
- Key definitions
- The data protection principles including the lawfulness of processing, consent and privacy notices
- The rights of data subjects
- Responsibilities of controllers including:
- designating a DPO
- information security
- transfers to third countries and international organisations
- The role of the Information Commissioner
- The Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulations
This course is assessed by a one hour multiple choice exam, which is completed at the end of course delivery.
We run this course in locations throughout the UK. We will always arrange additional courses if there is sufficient demand – please contact us to register an interest. If you have 3 or more staff requiring training, it may be more cost effective to arrange in house training. Please contact us for details.
Successful attendees will receive a qualification certificate for the Certificate in Data Protection Compliance. A UK awarding body will approve and quality assure this qualification (approval process scheduled for completion in Jan 18).
Other Training Courses and Qualifications
We also offer a Diploma in Managing Data Protection Compliance, which is a 5 day training course. This is suitable for those responsible for managing data protection compliance within their organisations, including those designated as a Data Protection Officer.